HW: OFF: Tubilah Dog

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Thu May 3 12:52:11 EDT 2012

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> On 20 Mar 2012, at 13:27 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
>> (1) The new Bevis Frond album is really good, even if missing the huge fifteen-minute fuzz-and-delay extravaganza I wish he still did;
> Ah, for "House of Mountains" and the "Miskatonic Variations" ....

 	Well, yes, exactly, and primarily the former I admit. But also
`Garden Aeroplane Trap', `Tangerine Infringement Beak'... I mean, there
used to be a time when basically all Woronzow albums had a fifteen-minute
track on them covered in Nick's guitar *even if they weren't by the
Frond*...

> There's a Frond Facebook group?  I should have guessed, really ....
> Have to check it out.

 	And a Yahoo Group, as I say, but I suppose it depends how well
integrated one is. I am more what you might call dysintegrated.

>> (5) I am still slowly acquiring the Atomhenge remasters and am pretty happy with _Space Bandits_, which is not something I would ever have anticipated myself sayin ten years ago.
> I still can't describe myself as "pretty happy" with _Space Bandits_,
> though will allow it has a few good tracks (though Alan did a better
> version of "Wings" with Bedouin).

 	Indubitably! But I am a lot more prepared to be happy with the
remaster of SB than I was with the original, which I suppose is kind of
the point. And since then I've got the London BBC remaster as well and
that's a very nice thing to have. What next, though? Dare I try the
remastered _Sonic Attack_? Is it worth it, in order to have a CD version
of `Rocky Paths' without the weird mastering error of the EBS version,
also to have an even clearer version of `Coded Languages'? (Actually... I
quite like `Coded Languages'... but the Brock-a-like songs that pad out
the stuff where either Harvey or Moorcock are blowing their tops, I find a
bit wearisome.) Yours,
 			Jon (living in a timewarp as ever--except that if
it was ever, then it wouldn't be a warp, would it? Oh semantics...)

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."