Sometimes there really is method in their madness

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue May 8 11:46:50 EDT 2012

On 08 May 2012, at 10:18 , Mike Holmes wrote:
>> I'm not sure how much the "Van Halen Brown M&M" story helps get that point across,
>> but it entertains me at least, so it stays in the "educational set-list".
>
> There's a great deal of evidence to support the idea that people remember what entertains them far better than what does not. Even were the story untrue, it still elicits an important lesson in creatively producing a visual signal regarding checklist compliance.

Yeah, so the trick is that I dunno to what extent it might entertain the _students_ or not! ;) Still, if they don't believe in my recommendation based on the VH story, they will at least have the chance to get a reminder if I end up grading one of their papers .... ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson