Sometimes there really is method in their madness

stewartbas at AOL.COM stewartbas at AOL.COM
Tue May 8 18:56:13 EDT 2012

I always thought they sucked. Van Halen that is, not brown mms.

bill s

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
To: BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>
Sent: Tue, May 8, 2012 12:04 pm
Subject: Re: Sometimes there really is method in their madness

Yeah, I've actually heard that same explanation elsewhere, and I find it pretty
onvincing.  I actually use it as an example with my students when attempting to
xplain the importance of getting the formatting in their bibliographies/citations/etc.
orrect: "This is the first thing any examiner is gonna look at. If you get it
ight, they will assume you are not completely hopeless, and will treat the rest
f your product reasonably fairly; if you get it wrong, they will assume you are
n idiot, and treat the rest of your product accordingly."
I'm not sure how much the "Van Halen Brown M&M" story helps get that point
cross, but it entertains me at least, so it stays in the "educational
et-list".
Cheers,
arl
On 08 May 2012, at 08:34 , Mike Holmes wrote:
> I reckon the folks here might appreciate this one.

 http://thevaporwareblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/van_halen_hates_brown_mms/

 My take is that it only improves one of the legends of rock history to
scertain that there was in fact some logic behind it. Perhaps a coda to
anlon's Razor ought to be "Never ascribe to megalomania that which can be
dequately explained by sheer cunning."

 FoFP

 Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

--
arl Edlund Anderson
ttp://www.carlaz.com/