BOC Setlist

Ralph kirthgersen at HOTMAIL.CO.UK
Tue Nov 6 14:51:55 EST 2012

> As time has passed I've learned to appreciate each one for that special thing they brought to the music

I think that's how most fans feel too.  But it's weird - having the original five back onstage together again - albeit however briefly - and I mean, who'd ever have thought they'd see that again? - now that occasion should have filled me with great joy but it didn't.

Watching that fantastic "Death Valley Nights" clip (and yes, there were missed cues and words etc, but that didn't matter in the slightest) drove it home to me just what we've been missing all these years - all that potential creativity, all those unwritten potential future gems - never to be...

Now, obviously, you and Joe are a well-spring of great songs these days - and I'm dearly looking forward to the new Blue Coupe record, but BOC is BOC - for me, an entity that was greater than the sum of its parts... watching the clips from last night, it was supposed to be a celebration, but for me, it was more like a wake for might have been, for what SHOULD have been...

Like I said, it's weird, but that's probably just me... but I'm truly glad you found it to be a good experience - and I hope Joe had a good time also - even if it was just back to playing bass...

:-)