BOC: Imaginos

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Mon Oct 8 16:17:42 EDT 2012

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> On 04 Jul 2012, at 03:18 , Arjan Hulsebos wrote:
>> On the subject of Imaginos, I find it to be two-sided. The first five songs
>> being very heavy, while the rest is much lighter.

 	<snip>

> You can hear a few of the others via the "Imaginos Demos" bootleg that
> floats around the Internet.  (Not that, of course, I would wish to be
> understood as encouraging or condoning illegal downloading -- I just
> note, in the name of science, what is in theory possible ....)  An
> "unplugged"  tBS version of "The Girl That Love Made Blind" cropped up
> on _Malpractise_, though my sense (cough) is that the original version
> had a somewhat unpluggy vibe, too. "Gil Blanco County", I understand
> (cough), seems more mid-tempoish and like perhaps a more "stately" sort
> of "Del Rio" vibe ....

 	I didn't see anyone else mention what you may already know, Carl,
that there are two versions of `Gil Blanco County' on _St Cecilia_, the
Stalk Forrest Group album that was put out a few years ago. Not much there
is stately, though it's all marvellous. While quite a lot of BOC, and
specifically _Imaginos_ is many places could be said to sound of dark
things lurking in the woods at night, `Gil Blanco County' on the SFG album
sounds of sun through trees in the daytime, so I don't know quite how it
must have wound up in 1988... Yours,
 				     Jon

ObCD: East of Eden - _Mercator Projected_
--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."