[Hawkwind] FW: [Up-Tight] Return of the Time Lord

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 1 08:30:45 EDT 2013

'And, as if Moorcock weren’t enough, they recently recorded with another
sci-fi icon - Star Trek’s William Shatner.

After TV’s Captain Kirk recorded their hit, Silver Machine, on covers album
he released, Brock asked him to add vocals to another tune, Sonic Attack.
Brock says: “It’s a fantastic undertaking, Sonic Attack with William
Shatner doing the spoken bit.

“He actually recorded Silver Machine in America for his album. It was a
horrible album. But he had all these famous stars on it as well, that was
the strangest thing.

“But that’s how we got him, because of Silver Machine. We actually got in
touch with him and asked him if he’d like to do Sonic Attack - and he just
did it and then we took it on from there.”

Shatner recorded his vocals in the States and sent them to Devon - meaning
that, although they’re together on record, he and Brock have not never met.'

Interesting. And it seems that Nik Turner is recording with
William  Shatner  too.