HW Warrior on the Edge of Time Tour

Mick Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Thu Apr 11 17:18:19 EDT 2013

________________________________

Hi Folks,

Anyone catch the Warrior tour? That was one hell of a show! I know Assault and Battery, Golden Void and Magnu have long been in the set list and about 10 years ago, when Simon House was guesting, Spiral Galaxy 28948 made a welcome appearance. I even remember hearing a two minute version of Kings of Speed tacked on to something as part of a encore in the 80’s, but correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think Nik Turner’s quirky “Dying Seas” or Brock’s sublime “Demented Man” have been played on stage before this tour? Both sounded superb played live!!
I consider myself very fortunate indeed that I have lost count of the number of times I’ve seen HW since the first time in June 77, but this gig was certainly in my top three of all time and I hope to hell that this tour appears on DVD or a CD cos it needs to be  available for all to hear. Dead Fred on violin and the Sax player from HipiersoniK (sorry I don’t know his name) both contributed enormously to the rich sound that the needed to be brought to the stage to do “Warrior” justice and I’ve now come to the conclusion that Niall Hone (IMHO) is one best HW bass players I’ve seen on stage.  The lightshow just gets better every show (Dave had to wear shades as it was that bright!) as do the dancers.
Of course, all HW gigs are great but there are certain shows where, every now again, where everything just fall into place and you leave the venue knowing that you have just seen and heard something very special indeed – for me this was one of those occasions.
 Mick