BOC: Downunder

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Fri Apr 26 03:17:04 EDT 2013

Hmm, aren't I a goose! You look away for, well, a few years and what do you know, things change! The last time I was here the Brain Surgeons were kicking along nicely! Apologies to the living, but perhaps I should also have checked the obits before posting (phew). But seriously, thanks for straightening those things out for me - and for not picking me up on misspelling Allen's name! The up side is I can now look forward to Blue Coupe touring Oz, and I will track down those CDs!

So I did dream 'Fire ...' in the setlist! That's a pity because it sounded great in my imagination ...

And BOC has dropped out of BOC-L conversations. OK, I thought things might've just been a bit quiet lately. I checked the list of subscribers when I rejoined and I recognised a few names.

Pete :)
Btw, Black Sabbath was absolutely brilliant last night!

From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On Behalf Of Ralph [kirthgersen at HOTMAIL.CO.UK]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:42 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: BOC: Downunder

> "Fire of Unknown Origin"??

Brisbane setlist here:

http://www.hotrails.co.uk/history/2013.htm#130418

> and I re-subscribed to BOC-L

This isn't really much of a BOC forum - if you want to chat about "BOC Down Under" with your fellow Oz fans, then you need to join the BOC Fans Forum:

http://www.bocfans.com/forums/

> Just waiting for Albert to tour now! Maybe Joe and Alan would like to come along

That last bit leads me to conclude you don't know about Blue Coupe - because if Albert DID ever tour over there, he's likely to do it with his guitarist (bro Joe)!! Maybe BOC aren't interested in making new music, but the Bouchards are:

Check out their single - You (Like Vampires) - it's bloody, bloody good:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bluecoupe

Buy their first CD "Tornado on the Tracks" - that's bloody good too:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bluecoupe2

...and this weekend they're celebrating the launch of their second CD - "Million Miles More!" - can't wait - I'm guessing it too is going to be - wait for it - bloody good!!

http://www.bluecoupeband.com/store/million_miles_more_cd_pre_order/

:-)

PS: And don't miss Albert's monthly radio show, details here:

http://www.hotrails.co.uk/blueskybag/albertbouchard/wfku.htm