Nik wants into all your wallets NOW :)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Aug 24 22:08:24 EDT 2013

On 24 Aug 2013, at 01:18 , Jonathan Smith <smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> 'Promo videos' is a good name. I don't really watch them, just listen. I
> would love to see Nik doing new material too. I wonder if it will happen?

I'm given to understand that YouTube is one of the major ways that people encounter new music now.  The technology -- or at least the way that some technology or the other gets used -- keeps marching on!

I suppose even I have to admit that I discovered the marvelous Red Fang via YouTube, so I can hardly grumble like an old timer about it!

> It didn't with Space Ritual and I have to admit that I would happy never to
> another  Psychedelic Warlords  space  ritual flyer. Alan has every right to
> play the songs but the Youtube videos seem quite  uninspired, but his own
> back catalogue is full of gems.

I've heard mixed things about the Psych Warlords shows, and the best I can say is that YouTube camera phone videos seldom make anyone look good.  I fully agree that Alan has a very strong back catalogue, and I would rather see him doing his own stuff, new and old (not that this is likely to be an option!).  Though I also know full well that back when he was doing Bedouin, the "second shift" as a Motörhead cover was bringing in more cash. Such is show biz.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson