Nik wants into all your wallets NOW :)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Aug 24 22:56:48 EDT 2013

On 24 Aug 2013, at 21:41 , Jonathan Smith <smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Better to ignore it all and focus on the new stuff.
> Alan is doing a second *Al Chemical* album-- maybe what he wants to
> do.  Excellent  in my book but probably not a money spinner.

IMO, Alan needs if not a stable band around him, at least some stable songwriting partners.  Al's playing is great, and he is capable of writing some absolute corkers -- but I don't think he comes out with enough of those corkers, fast enough, to just blow everyone's and their dog's minds often enough.  Maybe it doesn't really matter, since the music industry is so screwed up these days (I mean, more than ever) any way, but I always feel like his efforts end up too diffused: Bedouin somehow wobbled around for years in the '90s, straight through the whole original stoner rock trend (which they totally should have exploited) without ever producing very much. Gunslinger is sort of on again, off again, with variant lineups. His solo stuff is similar. Then there are his cover bands, like the Motorhead thing and the Psych Warlords; I guess those pay the bills (or why do them?) but you can put me down as another person who wants to hear something new.  His guesting on the last Pre-Med album generated some fantastic playing, but he was really just a pinch-hitter there.  Oh well!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson