Nik wants into all your wallets NOW :)

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 26 22:19:18 EDT 2013

I thought TMTYL sounded very flat too. Onward not so bad but Stellar and
Looking for Love sounded much better.

Cherry Red do care about sound. Admittedly some of the bonus material was
beyond  restoration  but I like to hear it most of it. I like demos as they
give an insight into what the band was thinking etc. Some of the live
versions were redundant. My only compliant would be that listening to the
CDs as they were  presented  you could get three versions of a song within
40 mins which is annoying, but if you rip everything and play via a
computer anyway it does not matter.

I did ask about lossless downloads I suppose they  wanted  to sell the real
copies.

Some record companies see the future, like Rare Noise, a  small
British based jazz/  alternative  label,  releases everything  new in 24-96
FLAC format and  vinyl as well as CD, FLAC and MP3-- to me the first
is really the future. HD Tracks now issue stuff in real HD too.