since Alan Davey has been brought up

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 27 10:10:57 EDT 2013

I am not well up on Apple formats.I recently bought my first iTunes album
(!). The format is 4Ma. is that lossless? It sounds pretty good.

You can only really hear the  difference with headphones or a stereo
I could not afford with the HD formats. There are more issues than just the
file  quality  as you said.