OFF) no "strangers" in here, just lettin' ya'll know/ A.ANDROID voiceover

Nathan Gilbert nathan.gilbert at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 20 09:57:51 EST 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Nathan Gilbert
<nathan.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> computing capacity required to do so. I think Searle's thought
> experiment is good at elucidating that there is more to "intelligence"
> than simple symbol manipulation, which is what all current chat bots,
> Watsons, Deep Blues are doing.

That comes off sounding like I'm advocating Searle's position, I
didn't intend that, as it's still an open question whether or not the
human mind is just manipulating symbols at the most basic level too.