OFF) no "strangers" in here, just lettin' ya'll know/ A.ANDROID voiceover

mary sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Dec 20 11:46:53 EST 2013

Ironically I've been in the process, of reading, and just finished Flow My
Tears The Policeman Said, which wasn't previously available to me on
Bookshare, a service where I can download from a fairly wide variety of
books for $50 a year, if you can tolerate the mechanical reader it's a cheap
way to get the information, compared to those read by real people.  I also
finished reading Graham Nash's new one, which I also enjoyed a  lot of the
stuff he talked about brought me back to my childhood.  The only side affect
being I have 60's pop songs in my head now, I'll exorcize those when Tim
gets the stereo up and running again. Being temporarily without speakers due
to remodeling of this very small space, I'm stuck with headphones, (Tim will
have the sound set up again, tomorrow), with a headache I need to, for now,
be selective in what I listen to. No Motorhead right now, maybe later with
the speakers.  If I go for music something spacy with lots of trippy affects
and panning, but kind of mellow.  Maybe I'll find a good science fiction
movie on Netflix, or something with dialogue.   .    Tim's at work, and I'm
trying to distract my brain (naturally), from this migraine, which is
depriving me of sleep. since Tim wakes early, I tend to (lately,
unfortunately) as well. Since I've never had a fixed sense of time, I don't
mind the lack of sleep in that way, but I get cranky if I can't sleep, (and
dream, for a bit), unfortunately, I'm not fun to be around if awake for more
than a few days with the headache, with all there is to do, I eventually get
bored..  Sometimes I wish a stereo was simple to hook up like the old days,
a plug for each channel, no color coding, or whatever's used now. Sorry for
the self-obsessed ramble, Mike, nice to read your posting, I hope you're
well.  All this a.i. stuff is way over my head, I find the discussion,
"fascinating,"  very informative, thanks to you, and Nathan and I'll read up
on Searle's thought experiment. Mike C. I may be listening in more on your
Coasttocoast night course, if I start getting less sleep at night as I've
been told to expect. That and Ground 0 will be a good use of that time,
Stimulation of the brain can do a lot to help with perception in pain. Some
of the topics aren't my thing, but I will be glad to have intelligent life
out there at 2 in the morning if I can't sleep.  It is billed as
"entertainment," often from the shows I have heard I find it to be much more
than that, many of the topics are  thought provoking.  The sources are
highly intelligent, and seem credible.  If I didn't have that damned
headache the sleep deprivation can be kind of a trip for a couple of days,
after that   it's no fun, and counterproductive cognitively.
Thanks again for the info, and sentience is a better term than a.i.    A
happy Solstice to all, (I really enjoy the winter),

Mary