OFF: Best of 2013 (...The Cosmic Dead)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Dec 24 09:07:44 EST 2013

On 21 Dec 2013, at 18:06 , Keith Henderson <khenders64 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Carl asked...
>>> At the moment, I am gravitating towards the White Manna
>>> as my Album of the Year.  They are just too awesome.
>>
>> The 5-track self-titled album? I think that's technically
>> from 2012 -- though it is awesome! :)
>>
> No, I mean Dune Worship, the new one.  It's streamable on Bandcamp, isn't it?

Woah! Missed that when it came out (in, apparently, September)!  Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, it's streamable on Bandcamp, but streamable doesn't do me a lot of good. :P I'm never sitting at a computer where I can listen to music long enough to stream more than a song or part of a song!  I'd much rather have lossless files from Bandcamp or CDBaby -- though I recognize that this is largely affectation ;) since my (current) playback equipment really can't do even CD-quality audio much justice, let along anything 24-bit/96kHz. And stuff mastered for digital media can sound pretty good in a 256kbps AAC anyway.  But, really, I want to be sold the highest quality digital media possible, and I'll do the rest locally. :)

But, well ... I do like White Manna, and the iTunes stuff sounds pretty good, so I'm downloading it now from iTMS! ;)

I recently picked up the new Martin Barre solo album and Purson's _The Circle and the Blue Door_ from iTMS as well, since I just can't go to the trouble of trying to get physical CDs and stuff anymore! But I do get downloads from Bandcamp and CDBaby if I can. There's just so much good stuff (and, of course, even more less good stuff -- but that's always the way!) on Bandcamp these days.

Someone even bought my two free tracks on Bandcamp for three bucks in all, the other day!  I'm a pro!  <cough> ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson