A request for some UK library research assistance

Mark Forums markforum at SKY.COM
Tue Dec 24 14:33:46 EST 2013

Paul Mather wrote:

On Dec 23, 2013, at 9:24 PM, Ben Cohen <ben at TMK.COM> wrote:

>> Have you tried through this route, maybe there is somebody connected
>> with education who may already have a subscription that you could
"borrow"?

>> http://gdc.gale.com/products/the-times-digital-archive-1785-1985/
>
> Hmmm... I haven't got anyone who might have that sort of subscription
> - unless there's someone hiding on here, that is. Ha ha ha.

We apparently have a subscription to that at Virginia Tech, but as I pointed
out previously, coverage appears to end at 1985.  You're interested in 1988,
right?

When our library opens again in the new year I can ask the subject librarian
for the performing arts your question and see what they can turn
up---assuming you haven't already got an answer by then.

Cheers,

Paul.

They have now made the archive for 1986 to 2006 available (for purchase, not
free unfortunately).

Mark