[Fwd: [Up-Tight] More Cowbell: Looking Back at Blue =?windows-1252?Q?=D6yster_Cult=92s_?='Career of Evil']

John McIntyre mcintyre at EXCHANGE.PA.MSU.EDU
Sat Feb 16 10:31:34 EST 2013

Ralph wrote:
>> The opening act was Uriah Heep on their "Return To Fantasy" tour.
>>

> There were no lasers on the 1975 tour (so maybe "High and Mighty" was the LP?) - lasers didn't come in until 1976 (and left May 79) - in fact, there were only four KNOWN gigs with Heep during the laser era:
>
> 27 Dec 1976: Capital Centre , Landover MD
> 31 Dec 1976: Richfield Coliseum, Cleveland OH
> 01 Jan 1977: Rupp Arena, Lexington KY
> 14 Jun 1977: Cambria County War Memorial , Johnstown PA
>
> So if the gig you saw wasn't one of the above and:
>
> (a) had lasers AND
> (b) had Uriah on the bill
>
> then please let me know as I need to document that fact... (don't ask why - I just DO)...
>
> :-)

It was the 27 Dec show.  It was "Return to Fantasy" and it was with
lasers.  During "Dominance and Submission" Eric rants about the new 55
mile an hour speed limit.

John McIntyre
mcintyre at pa.msu.edu