BOC: Twilight Zone moment

Alex S. Garcia asg at MVDBASE.COM
Wed Jan 23 00:16:50 EST 2013

Oh my God! I just heard an awful awful French song (bear with me, it IS
relevant). It's a mix of some basic and bland mainstream pop with rap bits
thrown in *cringes*.

What caught my ear, though, were the lyrics. They tell the story of a couple
who are very much in love and have been together for something like 5 years
when the girl learns that she has a "weak heart", that it's a terminal
condition and that she needs a donor... Ring any bells yet?

I was thinking no way! It's not going there... Well, it did. In the end, the
guy leaves a note for her then goes jump off a bridge so that his heart can be
given to the girl.

If you haven't figured it out yet, it's A LOT like Buck Dharma's "Your loving
heart" on his solo album (my favorite track on that)... so much so that I'm
truly baffled.

And now I just have to wonder... what are the chances of this being some
freakish coincidence??

For the curious minded (or the sadistic, ahem) it's called "Coup de coeur" and
is sung by Kenza Farah, featuring rapper Soprano as the suicidal fellow.

Alex.