Digital Music Server advice

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sat Jul 6 23:37:07 EDT 2013

On 05 Jul 2013, at 18:34 , Keith Henderson <khenders64 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> I'm never going to want to just
> have a single library window full of 100,000 song listings

Well, I don't have that, but my current library does have just over 42k A/V items. The various "smart playlists", etc. set up over time do a very good job of breaking things down into conveniently accessible chunks for me ... if I want.

I would not want to be understood as saying "iTunes is the best of all possible worlds", because I can easily imagine improvements -- but, at the same time, I have not yet imagined a radically different approach that would do the basic job _so_ much better, nor have I seen something so imagined by others.  But I look forward to the day when it happens. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson