OFF: Mick Farren's last stand

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Mon Jul 29 09:48:24 EDT 2013

 	Dear all,
 		  I hate to be the one to announce this, and maybe you already
heard, but the arch-Deviant has breathed his last:
http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71701
It may not have been the way he'd have most liked to go, but surely in his top
three at least? Small comfort for a counter-culture that still needed him,
though. I managed to see him with the Deviants earlier this year or late last
year, with Scott Heller and Andy Gilham, and he wasn't at all well then, but
about the last thing he said to that crowd was, "Let's do this again real soon"
and I'm glad he acted on that, I guess, but if he hadn't, maybe he'd still be
alive... Food for thought, sorry for bad news, yours all,
 	   Jon

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."