OFF: Mick Farren's last stand

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jul 29 12:09:35 EDT 2013

On 29 Jul 2013, at 08:48 , Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:

> I hate to be the one to announce this, and maybe you already heard, but the arch-Deviant has breathed his last:
> http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71701
> It may not have been the way he'd have most liked to go, but surely in his top three at least? Small comfort for a counter-culture that still needed him, though. I managed to see him with the Deviants earlier this year or late last year, with Scott Heller and Andy Gilham, and he wasn't at all well then, but about the last thing he said to that crowd was, "Let's do this again real soon" and I'm glad he acted on that, I guess, but if he hadn't, maybe he'd still be alive... Food for thought, sorry for bad news

Yes, I saw this in multiple palces on FB the other day. Sad to loose such a great guy -- but, _respect_: Whatta way to go! Literally died with his boots on, rocking to the end. A larger than life figure and, in that sense, still with us: a poet, a gentleman, a rocker. Thanks for everything, Mick, and catch ya later!

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson