Warrior 2013 - Dawn

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 9 00:20:06 EDT 2013

WARRIOR is worth every penny.

Lemmy's and Paul Rudolph's playing styles are world's apart, despite their
undoubtedly similar consumption of amphetamines.

Have not listened that closely to that track yet. Atomhenge's notes are the
weak point of  their reissues. I am very grateful  for the quality of the
re-releases, especially, the HD sound quality of this one,

It follows the pattern of the excellent King Crimson
re-releases, complete with Steve Wilson's involvement. I wish they had done
them all of them all that way. DGM managed to sell theirs for $20.00 each.

BTW, who thinks that band members would get complimentary copies? It may
explain why Dave Brock said he had not listened to them!

However, Cherry Red do have a reputation for paying royalties properly and
are a very professional label with higher standards than Voiceprint.

Starfarer has this to say:

*Dawn/Sunrise*
     1L   Warrior On The Edge Of Time [Atomhenge 2CD/DVD] {Dawn}
     1aL  Dawn of Hawkwind CD

**   1 was recorded at Rockfield in March 1975 according to the
Atomhenge WOTEOT reissue sleeve notes, but sounds like a live
recording
**   1a was recorded at Trentishoe Festival 28/06/72 according to the
Dawn of Hawkwind CD sleeve notes. But it appears to be a different mix
     and edit of 1 (1a is a minute shorter than version 1)

http://www.starfarer.net/hwcodex.html#D

Cheers,

Jonathan