OFF: Nektar/Wishbone Ash

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jun 22 10:09:21 EDT 2013

Folx...Just learned about this tour last night.  Will be heading east for the show tonight.  Nektar's new Time Machine album (which I'm listening to just now on Spotify) just came out a few days ago.  So far, it's not bad (some of their recent efforts have been pretty lousy).  Anyway, most of the material will be classic 70s stuff I'm sure, like their recent tour with Huwy (RIP) and BrainFarTicketFlung.  Wishbone Ash will be doing their Argus album (a very good one IMHO) in its entirety (which is THE THING these days, *cough*WotEoT*cough*).  I've seen Wishbone Ash in Germany before, except that was an entirely different band, lead by the "other guy" Andy Powell.  Like many bands (*cough*SpaceRitual*cough), there are multiple versions (*cough*Queensryche*cough*) of any given dinosaur act touring at any one time.

Keith H.

Nektar and Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash (Co-headlining) Summer 2013
JUNE 21 PITTSBURGH, ALTAR BAR
JUNE 22 SELLERSVILLE, PA, SELLERSVILLE THEATRE
JUNE 23 NEW YORK, NEW YORK, BB KINGS
JUNE 25 CLEVELAND, OHIO, WINCHESTER
JUNE 26 TORONTO, CANADA, THE ROCK PILE
JUNE 28 MILWAUKEE, WI, SHANK HALL
JUNE 29 LINCONSHIRE, IL, VIPER ALLEY
JUNE 30 MINNEAPOLIS, MINN, FAMOUS DAVE'S BLUES CLUB
Nektar without Wishbone Ash....(not sure whom with)
JULY 2   FAYETTEVILLE, AK, ROGUE PIZZA CO.
JULY 3   AUSTIN, TX, CHEER UP CHARLIE'S
JULY 4   FORT WORTH TX, THE GROTTO