HW: Liverpool

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at NOVONORDISK.COM
Mon Nov 11 04:07:25 EST 2013

Hej Folks

I came over from Denmark to see Hawkwind in Liverpool and had a great time. Very cool to see them in a small venue like this. IT was very intimate, although they were really squeezed on the stage and the dancers had to be careful... Brilliant show. Great projections, cool dancers and a very heavy and 70's oriented set with all of Warrior, 3 from Astounding sounds, and then some new stuff basically but they dropped doing so many of these ambient things so it was all pretty high energy. Dave was off stage about 20% of the time though and looked quite thin but happy... Band played for just about 2hrs. Tim seemed quite stoned and out of it and had some trouble with his gear and the soundman was not really on top of who was doing solos etc all the time. Sometimes tim would solo and you could not hear him at all and other times he was very loud, same with the saxophone... Dibs, and his stand up bass thing, was usually louder than Dave's guitar! Overall, the sound was better than a lot of times I have seen Hawkwind.

I will post some pictures and the one video I shot at some point with a full review on my blog:

http://writingaboutmusic.blogspot.com

peace

scott

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the addressee(s) stated above only and may contain confidential information protected by law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized reading, disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail or use of information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may violate rights to proprietary information. If you are not an intended recipient, please return this e-mail to the sender and delete it immediately hereafter. Thank you.