Seems like tour is postphoned until March

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Oct 4 22:36:24 EDT 2013

On Oct 4, 2013, at 10:22 PM, Stephen Lindsey <steve.lindsey at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Sorry,
> maybe you know, if not I know this is a probably a bodyblow as it was to me, but haven't seen it mentioned here yet so better to know than not....
> I think, as, of 6pm or so today (I've receieved cancellation notices from the ticket agencies)that tour seems to be postphoned until March
> I assume because Daves been sick as of a week or so ago,,,,
> Oh well....

This is on the hawkwind.com Web site:

=====
05.10.13 - USA tour postponement, please read

As many of you will now be aware Dave was taken ill a couple of weeks ago. Doctors have confirmed that his condition is stress related, aggravated by the trademark dispute in the United States which could result in years of litigation.

After enduring a series of tests, Dave has been advised that it could be dangerous to his health to embark on a gruelling 14,000 mile tour at this time. After much discussion about possible ways forward, the members of the band have reluctantly decided that it is necessary to reschedule the dates to March 2014, rather than put Dave's health at unnecessary risk. (New dates for each venue will be announced next week)

Whilst we understand this will come as a big disappointment to those of you who have booked tickets, as it does to ourselves, we are equally sure that you will understand health concerns must take priority.
=====

:-(

Get well soon, Dave!

Cheers,