FWD message from Marion Lloyd Langton re the HW vs Nik fiasco

Mike c insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 27 12:45:42 EDT 2013

Dear Hawkwind friends..

Marion LL here. I would like to clarify that I receive no royalties
whatsoever from the sale of my Huw's music by Cleopatra, because Huw
and I, knowing that Huw had a very limited time left on this earth,
agreed to sign a buy out deal so that Huw could get some benefit from
his works while he was still alive.. (However, Cleopatra are selling
Huw T/shirts on their website with no permission from me and I receive
nothing from these sales.)

I totally support Dave and Hawkwind. I have myself written a heartfelt
letter to Brian Perera from Cleopatra Records, who is backing Nik in
his despicable actions....He did not even give me the courtesy of a
reply and although I once thought of him as a friend, he has proved
otherwise.

As he has not acknowledged my letter privately, I would like to share
it with him again, publically...

Dear Brian,
I wrote to you in January about this but I still cannot believe you
are actually going ahead with patenting the name of Hawkwind in the
USA on behalf of Nik Turner. If you win you will be the man who single
handedly destroyed the name of Hawkwind.. But you will not destroy
Dave who is the genius behind it.
There is only one leader of Hawkwind Dave Brock. He has led it for 44
years and is the true spirit of Hawkwind. Nik is but a former shadow
and will not carry it nor has he earned it. Dave has held the Hawkwind
gauntlet through many years of hard work and tenacity aided by his
wife Kris and the many variations of the band. Latterly the Hawkwind
members are all very long standing each deserving the name of
Hawkwind..
I am very saddened by your actions in USA. You should have been behind
them. Dave has recently been given another award i.e. ‘Life Time
Achievement’ in UK and has more awards to come later this year. Dave
has earned every award he has ever been given. Why because he is
Hawkwind. If Huw were here when Dave received this last award he would
have applauded Dave as I am sure he does in Heaven. Huw always loved
and respected Dave not just because of his prowess that is unique but
because of the man he is. Huw loved Dave and Kris to the end (as I do)
and in the end they returned that love to Huw sevenfold. You see the
spirit within us all is intangible but shines through when it is pure
and honest. That pureness is only gained through truth.
Your love of music has bought you so much success. But these actions
will taint and mar everything you do in the future. We all come to
this earth naked and leave naked. It is what we do while we are here
that marks us. What you are doing is unjust and if you succeed you
will destroy the careers of long standing members of Hawkwind. You
will also lose the respect of thousands of fans.
There is a proverb in the Old Testament ‘What profit a man if he gains
the world and loses his soul’. Integrity is worth more than gold.
Yours will be an empty victory!
I am appealing to you Brian to think deeply and stop this before it is too late!
Sincerely,
Marion

To be perfectly frank I am absolutely heartbroken by all of this. I
cannot believe that Brian, Cleopatra and Nik Turner could be so
proactive in trying to destroy Hawkwind...
If Huw was alive he would be sick to the stomach...it is morally and
legally wrong..
Marion