The upcoming North American tour

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 17 19:27:05 EDT 2013

The problem is that they far that things might progress from NT's HK to
Hawkwind.... and the acquiescing. The Australian Pink Floyd don't ever bill
themselves as Pink Floyd do they?

Nik's attorney says:

“The service mark ‘Nik Turner’s Hawkwind’ is not confusing, nor will it
’cause problems’ for Dave Brock’s band. Mr Turner is not calling his band
‘Hawkwind.’ Any fan or consumer who sees an advertisement for ‘Nik Turner’s
Hawkwind’ knows exactly what he or she will get: Nik Turner, and not the
Dave Brock version.” On one hand he says it is not Hawkwind but the in the
next sentence he says it a version so people are supposed to think it
Hawkwind?

But who would trust the word of a lawyer?

We could do without all this though..... :(