The upcoming North American tour

Mary Ann Sullivan MARYANN.SULLIVAN1 at VERIZON.NET
Mon Sep 23 01:37:59 EDT 2013

Thanks, John, that's reassuring, I make typos a lot, usually I'm better with
sending a correct email, especially with spellchecker.
As much as Nik feels entitled to use the name, this is really not fair to
Dave, and the other members of Hawkwind.  A lot of the problem in the 90's
was I was told many of the clubs used art work from albums, or Hawkwind
lineups that Nik wasn't involved with. The timing of this is really bad, for
everybody.   It's sad there are bad vibes, however  isn't that band
business?  I would think we all have our minds set on what shows we'll
catch, whether Nik or Dave will put on the better show, and all the other
issues.  I admit, there have been times where the sound could have been
better for Nik, however, the last show was happening during a storm, and Nik
was late, and didn't have a chance for a sound check.  The sound was not
nearly as good as what we'd get at a Hawkwind show.  At many other shows,
like Strange Daze from what I remember the sound was fine, everyone was in
tune, so they could obviously hear each other.
I hope both Hawkwind, and Nik and friends have a good time here in the
states, and both have good crowds, with all us long time fans, and a lot of
new fans too.  The new music Nik and Dave are making is excellent on both
counts.  There're are enough bad vibes in the world already, let the lawyers
do their thing, the bands come over and play music, and we all have fun,
that's what it's all about.  All this fighting is taking away positive
energy from bothbands, and this kind of publicity Hawkwind, and all former
members can do without.  .  I hope this is not an act of spite, and most
everyone who listen to Hawkwind are aware of who Nik is.  His free form
playing and play with lyrics has always been brilliant and as great as he
can be on sax, I love it when Nik plays the flute.  I was never big on saxes
in rock music, but Nik gave me an appreciation of it originally with the
sounds he got playing on Space Ritual.  This fighting does not help anyone,
and flaunting it isn't cool, everybody loses  That is not in the spirit of
Hawkwind, "The people's band."    The music speaks for itself.
Goodnight,

Mary