OFF: Best Of 2014

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 18 18:17:29 EST 2014

Hi Folx...

That time of year again, when I come out of hiding to ask for help on what I've missed in the last year, new releases-wise.

Here's a working list of things I've heard (a few outside the space/kraut/stoner/postrock realm, but not many) - what's obviously missing?

I haven't started to make out my Best of the year list yet, but things I really liked this year include the Camera, The Ganjas, White Manna (again), Black Bombaim, Papir, The Spacelords, sleepmakeswaves, OSC, Polska Radio One (nothing full-length this year, but...) and on...

What're you all listening to?  I haven't paid much attention to the whole HW- and Gong- families, as far as spinoffs and such.  You know, ADavey, Daevid Allen, Nik, Blake (I heard something from a few years ago, Noggi Tor or whatever it was).  Anything good from this lot lately?
Anything new from ToSHer Steve Bemand (Timelords) due soon?  Their first album was great.

Keith H.

2014 List:
Black Space Riders - D:REI
Evil Blizzard (Preston) - The Dangers Of...
Eloy - Reincarnation On Stage (live)
Krampuso vs. Vocokesh - S/T
Temples (UK) - Sun Structures
Djam Karet - Regenerator 3017
Rodrigo y Gabriela - 9 Dead Alive
Judas Priest - Redeemer Of Souls
Electric Moon - Mind Explosion
iQ - The Road Of Bones
Quantum Fantay - Terragaia
Mars Red Sky - Stranded In Arcadia
The Ganjas (CHI) - After Dark
La Piramide di Sangue (IT) - Sette
Helicon - Disturbance For The Disturbed EP
Das Raumpiloten - Through The Magick Mountain
Das Raumpiloten - Orgongefluester/LSD
Das Raumpiloten - Raum (compilation of singles)
Backnee Horn - Organon
Bob Mould - Beauty & Ruin
Three Seasons - Grow
Baby Guru (GK) - Marginalia
Melt Mountain (GK) - S/T
Fjodor (CR) - St. Anthony's Fire
La Hell Gang (CHI) - Thru' Me Again
California Breed - S/T
Yes - Heaven & Earth
1000mods (GK) - Vultures
Sleepin' Pillow (GK) - The World Is Over...
Lacuna Coil - Broken Crown Halo
Fever Dog (CA) - Second Wind
Lonely Kamel - Shit City
Hawkwind - Sonic Attack single
Robert Plant - Lullaby...and the Ceaseless Roar
Arturo O'Farrill - The Offense Of The Drum
Pink Floyd - The Endless River
Reversed Nature (GK) - Into The Limbo
White Manna - Come Down Safari
White Manna - Live Frequencies
Black Bombaim (PRT) - Far Out
Lamp Of The Universe/Trip Hill - Split
Zodiac (DE) - Sonic Child
Krautzone/Lamp Of The Universe - Split
Fungal Abyss - Live At The Triple Door
Camera - Remember I Was Carbon Dioxide
Circle - Leviatan
Eternal Tapestry - Guru Overload
Radar Men From The Moon (NL) - Strange Wave Galore
Faust (Peron/Diermaier version) - Just Us
Triggerfinger (BG) - By Absence Of The Sun
Papir - IIII
Keepers Brew (Ozrics related) - Astrolabe
Het Droste Effect - We Are All Hallucinating
Kikagaku Moyo - Forest Of Lost Children
Kikagaku Moyo - Mammatus Clouds
Montibus Communitas (PER) - The Pilgrim Of The Absolute
Deep Space - Cosmic Waves/Evil Dreams - reissued as Through The Haze
Pyrior (DE) - Onestone
Kalutaliksuak (RU) - Death Of The Alpinist
The Spacelords (DE) - Synapse
The Cosmic Dead - Easterfaust
Void Generator - Supersound
Eye (Col's) - Live at Relay
SIANspheric - The Owl (single)
Bardo Pond - Refulgo (rarities collection from '94-96)
sleepmakeswaves (AUS) - Love Of Cartography
Black Moon Circle (NO, formerly Perandg) - Andromeda
Auburn Lull - Hiber EP
Pyramidal (SP) - Live Freaks
Vespero (RU) - Cello Liventures
The Re-Stoned - Totems
Electric Orange - Vol. 10
Trip Hill - Raining Metallic Mushroom
ST 37 - I'm Not Good
Oresund Space Collective - Damo Suzuki moder OSC
Oresund Space Collective - Music For Pogonologists
The Ultra Electric Mega Galactic (Mundell) - Through The Dark Matter EP
Old Major (CN) - With Love
The Grand Astoria (RU) - La Belle Epoque
Causa Sui - Pewt'r Sessions 3, Live at Freak Valley
3rd Ear Experience - Incredible Good Fortune
Siena Root - Pioneers
Sonar (CH) - Static Motion
Cave - Release (compilation of rarities)
Chickencage Experience - KamaSutra
Lumerians - Transmissions From Talos III
V/A - A Momentary Lapse Of Vinyl (Pink Floyd trib.)
The Spacious Mind - Greazy Green
Weltraum - Spirituality
The Space Spectrum - The Red Eyed Queen
The Soft Hearted Scientists - The Slow Cyclone
Virgen Sideral (PER) - S/T
Ethereal Riffian (UKR) - Aeonian
Twink & Technicolour Dream - You Reached For The Stars
Wo Fat - The Conjuring
Dawn (CH) - Darker
Ziguri (DE) - S/T
Crystal Thoughts (GK) - Becoming Acid EP

"Late" 2013 heard first in 2014:
Rovo/System 7 - Phoenix Rising
Cherry Tree (DC) - The EP
Brimstone Coven - II
We Hunt Buffalo - Blood From A Stone EP
Haggard - Various Stages Of Ice
Grasshopper - Mirrors Of The Mind
Mother Dust - Volume 3
Tuber (GK) - Desert Overcrowded
Djam Karet - The Trip
The Hedgehogs - The Heights
Fish - A Feast Of Consequences
MSG - Bridge The Gap
Polska Radio One - S/T + singles
Andrew Stockdale - Keep Moving
Black Rainbows (IT) - Holy Moon
Mothership (TX) - S/T
Da Captain Trips (IT) - Anechoic Chamber Outcomes I
Walrus (SE) - S/T
Blood Ceremony (CN) - The Eldritch Dark
Tangerine Stoned (IT) - S/T
Museo Rosenbach - Barbarica
Master Musicians Of Bukk - Far West
Zodiac (DE) - A Hiding Place
Birds & Buildings (DC) - Multipurpose Trap
Electric Moon/Papir - The Papermoon Sessions
Electric Moon - Live at United Club
Electric Moon - You Can See The Sound Of...
Insider - Event Horizon
Taylor's Universe - Evidence
New Keepers Of The Water Towers - Cosmic Child
Uncle Acid - Mind Control
Terry Swope (ex-JPT Scare Band) - No TV
Foellakzoid (CHI) - II
The Holydrug Couple (CHI) - Nocturary
Knall (Koeln) - Compliments For Fishing, Eternity
Celestial Bums - Mind Explosion
Helicon - Suburban Decay
Quarkspace - Spacefolds 12
Asteroid #4 - The Windmill Of The Autumn Sky
Asteroid #4/Peter Daltrey - The Journey
Anjo Gabriel (BR) - Lucifer Rising
Cholo Visceral (PER) - S/T
Montibus Communitas (PER) - Harvest Times
Roger Taylor - Fun On Earth
Fairuz Derin Bulut (TUR) - Patlantis
The Dive (GK) - Zo'e
Amorphis - Circle
Domadora (FR) - Tibetan Monk
Dream Theater - S/T
The Rising Sun Experience (PRT) - Beyond The Oblivious Abyss
Kola Ogunkoya - Afrobeat: Open Ya Eye
Quinn Sullivan - Getting There
Our Solar System (SE) - Vaort Solsystem
Eye (Col's) - Second Sight