Keef Endersons 2013 list / SF movie adaptations

Michael Holmes M.Holmes at ED.AC.UK
Thu Feb 13 05:00:59 EST 2014

On 12/02/2014 19:27, Mike c wrote:
> On 2/10/14, mary sullivan<maryann.sullivan1 at verizon.net>  wrote:
>>> Oh, concerning UFO, interesting concepts, but why do they make the women
>> such airheads, or whatever was in the atmosphere in 1980 here and on the
>> moon.  It's rather insulting in that way, and very visual, but the stories
>> are cool, all be it rather slow moving, but Tim narrates for me.
>>
>> Mary
>
> This has me wondering if any women have been allowed into the shadow
> "boys club" to this day, at the highest levels....
> I guess if that show had them in, then yes, at least part-way,,,,,
> see your "cans" as half full, rather than half empty?
>
> did you see the one with the guy on acid??

That one was very ropey. My fave was "Survival" where Straker and Foster
are downed on the lunar surface and helped by an alien.

It's a shame that series two was resurrected as Space 1999 - a show with
an awful premise which quickly metamorphosed into Lost In Space 2 with
obligatory scary monsters. The only two espisodes of that I liked was
the Sargasso Space Monster one with the Albinoni score and the one where
Simmons won the lottery to go back to Earth.

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.