Keef Endersons 2013 list / SF movie adaptations

mary sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Feb 13 06:45:33 EST 2014

Hi Mike, concerning your favorite episode of UFO, was that the 1 when the
alien gets killed, we're in the first season.  Fun stuff.  I loved Lost In
Space as a child, and will admit to watching it now for fun, and there were
a couple of really good stories, "follow the leader, and the anti-matter
man," I know the plots are similar, and I never got into Space 1999, it
seemed really silly to me at the time.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Michael Holmes
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:01 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Keef Endersons 2013 list / SF movie adaptations

On 12/02/2014 19:27, Mike c wrote:
> On 2/10/14, mary sullivan<maryann.sullivan1 at verizon.net>  wrote:
>>> Oh, concerning UFO, interesting concepts, but why do they make the
>>> women
>> such airheads, or whatever was in the atmosphere in 1980 here and on
>> the moon.  It's rather insulting in that way, and very visual, but
>> the stories are cool, all be it rather slow moving, but Tim narrates for
me.

>> Mary
>
> This has me wondering if any women have been allowed into the shadow
> "boys club" to this day, at the highest levels....
> I guess if that show had them in, then yes, at least part-way,,,,, see
> your "cans" as half full, rather than half empty?
>
> did you see the one with the guy on acid??

That one was very ropey. My fave was "Survival" where Straker and Foster are
downed on the lunar surface and helped by an alien.

It's a shame that series two was resurrected as Space 1999 - a show with an
awful premise which quickly metamorphosed into Lost In Space 2 with
obligatory scary monsters. The only two espisodes of that I liked was the
Sargasso Space Monster one with the Albinoni score and the one where Simmons
won the lottery to go back to Earth.

FoFP

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.