Keef Endersons 2013 list / SF movie adaptations

Michael Holmes M.Holmes at ED.AC.UK
Thu Feb 13 09:48:15 EST 2014

On 13/02/2014 11:45, mary sullivan wrote:
> Hi Mike, concerning your favorite episode of UFO, was that the 1 when the
> alien gets killed,

That'd be a spoiler. The whole epsisode is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg95djjobP0

 > Fun stuff.  I loved Lost In
> Space as a child,

The plots are much-repeated, particularly the interactions between Will
Bobinson and Doctor Smith. There were a few more clever ones, but too
many were based on people wearing coloured carpets so I wished they'd
learned to just say no to rugs.

> and will admit to watching it now for fun, and there were
> a couple of really good stories, "follow the leader, and the anti-matter
> man," I know the plots are similar, and I never got into Space 1999, it
> seemed really silly to me at the time.

Thhe episodes I consider to be good SF were "Earthbound" and "Dragon's
Domain" - both from series 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvdQUFzBp6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WKfEj5JpwA

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.