OFF: Sci-Fi movies (Nightfall...)

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 2 15:12:12 EST 2014

FoFP sed...

>They could make a great movie from that one too.

 >Also ...... and of course the classic Nightfall vovella by Asimov.

Um...that story *was* already made into a movie.  In fact, I was one of the two or three people that actually saw it in a theatre before its extremely quick yanking.  'Cause it was one of the very worst movies ever made.  (Asimov had nothing to do with its creation, I believe.)  As somebody who loved the story (it was required reading for my Science Fiction class here at Penn State (taught by author Phillip Klass (nom de plume William Tenn, not the UFO debunker guy)) in the 1980s, I found it impossible to recognize Asimov's story in said "movie."  It "starred" David Birney, one-time husband of actress Meredith Baxter (-Birney), which is all I remember about it otherwise.  God, that was a terrible experience.

Chuffed about confirmed HW tour rescheduling news....

Keith

P.S.  Any word about the long-rumoured Zelazny (Amber) movie?  I don't follow this stuff.  I see virtually no movies at all, but might go see that one.