Keef Endersons 2013 list / SF movie adaptations

mary sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Jan 3 13:25:24 EST 2014

thanks for the link, I hate those visual challenges, Tim can help, I'll wait
to hear back about virus protection, since this is a slave computer for my
brother-in-law's company, I am really not supposed to use file sharing.  I
already got hit with malware, last year, fun stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Mike Holmes
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 10:27 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Keef Endersons 2013 list / SF movie adaptations

On 02/01/2014 15:25, mary sullivan wrote:
> I'll need to find the books and scan them a page at a time, ak!  Thanks.

Really? I like to listen to books while I'm walking. On my android
phone/tablet, I just download them in "epub" format and use an android book
reader (from the android Play Store). These interface to the android
text-to-speech reader and so I can have the book read to over headphones as
I walk. There are various voices available but they all tend to be a bit
robotic. You don't get inflection or emotion read into anything, but
actually I've got used to just storing a sentence in my hhead and kinda
re-interpreting it as I go. The speeed of the voice readback can also be
varied.

It's not a patch on having a good reader read it out, but it does suffice.

BTW: someewhere we have six DVDs with old out-of-copyright SF books stored
on them in epub format (from some guy selling 'em on ebay). We've just moved
house and so they can't be immediately found. When they turn up, I could do
copies for you.

Meanwhile here's a link to Dying Inside in epub format:

http://filepi.com/i/GFKop1j

NOTE: use a virus checker - you never know...

Cheers

FoFP

--
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336.