Current lineup of Nik Turner's Hawklords?

Jonathan Smith smithjm77x7 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 29 21:16:36 EDT 2014

Nik was in the first incarnation of the 'Hawklords' along with Alan Davey,
but those two soon left, leaving that name to Ron Tree, Jerry Richards And
Harvey (the sole original Hawklord). I think it is the line up from Nik
Turner`s Space Gypsy which has been billed as Nik Turner's  Hawkwind. I
have seen him advertised as Nik Turner's Space Gypsy in the UK, where Dave
Brock owns tge copyright.

As far I followed it, Nik tried to copyright 'Nik Tuner's Hawkwind' in the
US, with the backing of Cleopatra Records. This may have been an arttempt
by Cleopatra to get the HW back catalogue. Most Hawkwind fans see this as a
rather unnecessary thing to do. The real Hawkwind were certainly very
upset. As Hawkwind have probably given up touring the US now, I don't know
what is happening about this.

Hope that makes things clearer ;)
On 29 Mar 2014, at 16:02 , Tim Hall <tim at KALYR.COM> wrote:
> On 29/03/2014 20:28, Colin Allen wrote:
>> Nik is not in the Hawklords, which is the band that played at HRH Prog.
>
> Aha. That explains why my Google searches were coming up blank.  I
haven't been paying enough attention to the HW/Nik/Hawklords saga to know
who was in what band.

_Officially_, it's "Nik Tuner's Space Ritual", isn't it?  A lot of the
shows seem to have been billed as "Nik Turner's Hawkwind", though -- which
is rather naughty and uncalled for.  Anyway, the album was "Space Gypsy"
and featured a lot of the touring band, which as of last November included
Jurgen Engler (of Die Krupps), Jason Willer, Nicky Garratt (from UK Subs),
and Jeff Piccinini (from Chelsea ['70s punk band, not UK football team ;)]).

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson