Sonic Attack

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Tue Sep 2 07:15:46 EDT 2014

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014, Steve Freight wrote:
> Currently sitting at the 20th most purchased Album according to Amazon.

 	OK, this is enough to bring me out of my silence. Firstly I had
managed to miss this, and I am torn between being cross at it being still
another retread and delighted by what it actually *is*---I shall go for
the latter, I think. But also this got me looking at Mission Control for
the first time in a *long* time, thankfully still in time to find the
notice about Hawktoberfest and go, "The PINK FAIRIES?"

 	Sadly, Wikipedia, for want of a better source, tells me that this
Pink Fairies contains neither Larry Wallis nor Paul Rudolph (and not Twink
either, possibly for the best but he is apparently active again as I
learnt from Jerry Kranitz's Space-Rock Radio in Aural Innovations the
other day, leading me to webpages that say he is now trading as Mohammed
Abdullah in the name of a newly acquired Muslim faith!). In fact, it's
basically the last Deviants line-up, including Jacki Windmill, a second
drummer and Andy Colquhoun on guitar. Apparently this line-up did a couple
of Fairies gigs in May; did anybody see, was it fun? I would probably pay
a quid or two extra myself to have Ms Windmill not turn up, but otherwise
I want not to be too disappointed...  Yours all, still out here,
 								  Jon

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."