Sonic Attack

David Bottomley daveb10000 at NTLWORLD.COM
Tue Sep 2 08:13:08 EDT 2014

Hi Jon

I haven't yet had a chance to see the reformed Pink Fairies myself, but am
hoping to do so next month. There are, however, a few YouTube clips of the
band from this year. For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgEn0vYlx2U

Hope that helps a little.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Jonathan Jarrett
Sent: 02 September 2014 12:16
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Sonic Attack

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014, Steve Freight wrote:
> Currently sitting at the 20th most purchased Album according to Amazon.

 	OK, this is enough to bring me out of my silence. Firstly I had
managed to miss this, and I am torn between being cross at it being still
another retread and delighted by what it actually *is*---I shall go for the
latter, I think. But also this got me looking at Mission Control for the
first time in a *long* time, thankfully still in time to find the notice
about Hawktoberfest and go, "The PINK FAIRIES?"

 	Sadly, Wikipedia, for want of a better source, tells me that this
Pink Fairies contains neither Larry Wallis nor Paul Rudolph (and not Twink
either, possibly for the best but he is apparently active again as I learnt
from Jerry Kranitz's Space-Rock Radio in Aural Innovations the other day,
leading me to webpages that say he is now trading as Mohammed Abdullah in
the name of a newly acquired Muslim faith!). In fact, it's basically the
last Deviants line-up, including Jacki Windmill, a second drummer and Andy
Colquhoun on guitar. Apparently this line-up did a couple of Fairies gigs in
May; did anybody see, was it fun? I would probably pay a quid or two extra
myself to have Ms Windmill not turn up, but otherwise I want not to be too
disappointed...  Yours all, still out here,
 								  Jon

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."