BOC Live In Wendover, NV Reviews

Nathan Gilbert nathan.gilbert at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 1 14:26:48 EDT 2015

I have attended this show for the past 3 years as Wendover is just
about 2 hours away from SLC, UT. Foghat has opened for them each time.
Strangely, Foghat seems to be the audience favorite each year, but
there are always 50 or so hardcore BOC fans.

Their last appearance was just a couple weeks ago. Buck had some
technical issues early on, but worked through them nicely and
potentially pushed him to play with a bit more passion than I'd seen
him play in the years before. They actually change their setlist every
year to some degree, working in deeper cuts -- though the setlist is
heavy on compositions by Buck or Eric. The last two years they've
played great versions of "Then came the last days of May".

I'm relatively new to BOC, I really only delved deep into their
catalog after acquiring the Columbia boxset a few years ago.

I missed seeing them live in their heyday. Anyone have any stories or
memories of any particular amazing or interesting BOC shows?

Nathan