BOC: So long and thanks for the fish

Jason C. Hillenburg j.hillenburg at COMCAST.NET
Fri Apr 3 19:43:13 EDT 2015

Heaven Forbid is very patchy for me. John Shirley wasn't a great choice for lyrics and some of the tunes sounded dated on release. Curse is a little better, a little closer in spirit to the original band. If it must be, better that stand as BOC's final album than the likes of Club Ninja. Yikes!

Buck is writing again and well, so perhaps we'll hear more from him. I doubt if any incarnation of BOC records again.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Abra Cadabra" <anacondaconan at GMAIL.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:24:24 PM
Subject: Re: BOC: So long and thanks for the fish

both Heaven Forbid and Curse Of The Hidden Mirrors are nice albums
from the latter day BOC. I guess unlike the continuing ship sailing of
Hawkwind, BOC is pretty much "all is said and done and discussed" and
less BOC fans in that sense...

I was a HW fan and got into BOC after this list in the mid 90s...
picked up Workshop Of The Telescopes and did some BOC trades i used to
find CD copies of Imaginos used in Oslo and traded them rarities here
for HW or other stuff...

Christian