Hawkwind: Best ever set list?

Arin Komins akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Apr 8 07:49:54 EDT 2015

Don't disappear, Jill!

I think that Dave Brock ballad was meant to be Zarozinia...at least judging from the set list that was posted up on one of the Facebook groups about 20 mins ago.

Just wish I could have made it!

Thanks,

Arin
--
Arin Komins
akomins at uchicago.edu
work:   773-834-4087
cell:     773-401-8131
video:  akomins-work at jabber.com

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On Behalf Of strobridge jill
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 5:07 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Hawkwind: Best ever set list?

De-lurking briefly..........

The band's 2nd set at Hawkeaster this year.  Many will undoubtedly disagree
but is this the best ever Hawkwind set list?   Certainly the best I've
heard.

Earth calling
Assault and Battery
Elegant intro into Golden Void (with some beautiful black and golden thread globe images) Utopia  [with extended lyrics] Time We Left  [some very sharp harsh edgy music here] Steppenwolf New Jerusalem [yes, I shall repeat that: New Jerusalem]  The extended beautiful delicate intro evolved into the full song with Dibbs doing the vocals Flying Doctor [a long extended version] The Only Ones A Dave Brock ballad - in the same key as Mirror of Illusion but it isn't Zarozinia Orgone Accumulator Psychedelic Warlords Hassan I Sahba - with Arabian interlude in the middle - as the final song

Encore:
Lord of Light (I think - I'd stopped taking notes by this point) Better Believe It - another long extended version with the dancing skeleton images

started 9.15pm finished 11.15pm(ish) and it was very warm inside that hall

Thanks to the band and everyone else involved for an excellent weekend and best wishes for their short Tokyo tour!

[pulls up cloak hood and disappears again]