BOC - Bad Channels Record Store Day Release

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Apr 8 16:40:44 EDT 2015

On 02 Apr 2015, at 05:48 , Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Nathan Gilbert wrote:
>> http://recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7838
>> This album any good?
>
> It's what you might call a mixed bag, in fact it'd be hard for it to be more mixed. There's two quite good real B#C songs, albeit the lyrics are by John Shirley so immensely repetitive, then some ten other songs by
> mostly-deservedly unknown bands who could have been played on the fictional local radio station at which the film to which this album is the soundtrack is set (phew, grammar, sorry). A couple of these are fun, none are what I'd call good. Then the last twenty minutes or so is Tangerine Dream-style incidental electronica, which is by Buck but you'd never know that to hear it. So, buyer beware, I'd say.

If you are a big ol' BÖC fan, then you'll perhaps feel better to at least know you have the handful of proper if latter day BÖC songs on it -- though, honestly, this could have perhaps better been a BÖC CDS or EP containing just those tracks without the universe having been a much poorer place. ;)

If you see it cheap, well, there are worse songs than Horsemen Arrive and Demon's Kiss (some of them elsewhere on the same album! ;) :) ).

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson