OFF: Metaphysical question... is BOC-L dead?

Alex S. Garcia asg at MVDBASE.COM
Mon Aug 3 03:30:03 EDT 2015

I've been subscribed to BOC-L for nearly 20 years now (time really flies!)

I originally subscribed because I am a fan of Blue Oyster Cult.

Through the list, I have also come to discover and enjoy Hawkwind.

However, it seems that the more time passes and the more this list is turning
into the Mike and Christian Rant Podium, where they come to vent their own
personal griefs -- which most of the time bear little if any relevance to
either BOC or HW, let alone music in general.

Also, the racist contents of some of these mails leave me speechless. The lack
of any reaction, from anyone, is even more baffling to me. Or does that mean
everyone else has already unsubscribed? Or, perhaps, that nobody reads their
messages anymore? (I have to admit, I rarely do myself).

Still, if the madness doesn't cease soon, I'll most likely have to accept the
sad fact that BOC-L is now dead and will proceed to bury it (ie. unsubscribe),
which would break my heart considering how attached I feel to it after all
these years...

Alex.