OFF: Metaphysical question... is BOC-L dead?

mary sullivan maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Aug 4 11:40:17 EDT 2015

Nothing funny or cool about racism, sometimes I am glad I have a delete key, I do get a lot of email, so from many sources, it can get tedious.  If we keep  time space and respect there should be no more problems, I know everyone here can do that.  What we need is 1 of you really creative people to start a new fun thread?  If you do a favorite photo thing, please describe, if possible for those of us who like stories but don't see pictures.  Thanks.  This is too good a group to lose members to cannons that can get loose once in a while.  I'm not insulting anyone here, just making observations.  In a group like this, we have our facilitators, instigators, promoters, story tellers, scholars and philosophers, monitors, and all those hundreds of people like you and me.  Granted, some of us are stranger than others, but I know I'm out there.  With our collective interests most of us have much in common, but there are always going to be people on the edge, that's just how things are in groups.  , I don't want to lose our brilliant minded people here, some of us are crazy, but that's what this world is creating, I'm not making excuses, just doing my thing as a psychologist in group dynamics, among other things, and using my empathic skills.  Maybe we should all practice those, think of the person deleting hundreds of messages, or the person alone who's friends are the forums.  We all need to practice more compassion, I know I do.  Well, that's enough of a psycho spiritual rant from me.  May our vibrational levels  elevate so we don't become victims of the psychic war going on out there, don't feed into it, compassions a strength,  and don't get distracted, and keep on truly evolving and thinking, that's all I know to do.  Working on the inner self, so I can do more for this world in mind, body, and spirit, the somatic part is often trying.  Positive vibes to all,

Mary

I need to do my meditation, now, before I space, woke late, weather's bad, so I sleep when I can.  Well, it's August, now.

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On Behalf Of Paul Mather
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 9:23 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: Metaphysical question... is BOC-L dead?

On Aug 3, 2015, at 3:43 PM, Arjan Hulsebos <arjanh at WOLFPACK.NL> wrote:

> To me, one of the attractions of BOC-L has always been the possibility of Mike and/or Christian going off on a mail-rampage. And if I don't feel like reading it all, I just delete it. Although, I must say, deleting umpteen emails on a smartphone kinda reminds me of the "good old" days of dial-in ;-)

Have you ever considered bookmarking a couple of neo-Nazi sites, because that's what I felt I was wading through lately with Christian's posts.  That, and post after post of puerile adolescent boasts about sexual prowess.  Yawn.

If you want to read trolling, there's a whole Internet out there for you to enjoy.  I subscribed to this music list to read something about Hawkwind, BÖC, and friends.

Maybe I'm too old-fashioned, Internet-wise, but I fail to see how ranting about jews; urging us to "kill kikes"; and praising the likes of Breivik and Hitler is even 0.00001% on-topic for this list.

That crap has absolutely nothing to do with Hawkwind or BÖC.  If I wanted to read about that sort of nonsense, I'd do it off-list.  I suggest others do the same.

Apparently, we're told it's all supposed to be a joke and people find it funny.

Oh, really?

I've read markov chain generators come up with better output.  Twitter bots are more entertaining.  Both are about as creative as what has vomited across this list as of late.

Christian really needs to change the record.

When he's gone off on a "mail-rampage" people have unsubscribed.  Meanwhile, he stinks up the archives with nonsense and bile.  Great, just great.  Maybe one day he'll learn to self-moderate.  Yeah, fat chance.

Sic Semper Trollannis.

Cheers,

Paul.