OFF: Metaphysical question... is BOC-L dead?

martyn white martyn_white_2003 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 4 11:41:08 EDT 2015

Wow, Mike (FoFP) is still here.  I thought that all the "old timers" had
left.   I have been here since Steve Swann was moderator, is he stillaround?  And Jill Strohbridge?   Martyn

     On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 5:14 AM, Michael Holmes <M.Holmes at ED.AC.UK> wrote:

 On 03/08/2015 16:21, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2015, Alex S. Garcia wrote:
>>

>> However, it seems that the more time passes and the more this list is
>> turning
>> into the Mike and Christian Rant Podium, where they come to vent
>> their own
>> personal griefs -- which most of the time bear little if any
>> relevance to
>> either BOC or HW, let alone music in general.
>>
>> Also, the racist contents of some of these mails leave me speechless.
>> The lack
>> of any reaction, from anyone, is even more baffling to me. Or does
>> that mean
>> everyone else has already unsubscribed? Or, perhaps, that nobody
>> reads their
>> messages anymore? (I have to admit, I rarely do myself).
Yeah, I think someone forgot to take their meds again this week.
Certainly Christian produces such drivel that I automatically delete it,
which of course means that I'll miss it those more rare occasions when
he writes something interesting. Still that's the price people pay for
spamming.

But year, some of us are still here, but I agree there's not been much
discussion of Hawkwind issues.

One thing I did mean to ask is which Brit festivals would be worth a
look these days. I used to go to Glastonbury, but when it's wet, it's
just to huge and guaranteed to turn into a quagmire. I'd quote like a
smaller festival where there's still some stuff to do other than listen
to bands; where the food isn't just burgers; and where the music would
be of interest to someone into Hawk type music and electronica.

Suggestions on an ecard....

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.