Hammer Of The Witches

Abra Cadabra anacondaconan at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 26 02:00:35 EDT 2015

being an uptight fan of Cradle of Filth i really find their new album
utterly a bore from start to finish. I liked bits of Darkly Darkly
Venus Aversa (The 11th Hour) and did not care for 2012 Manticore &
Other Horrors at all. Though their early 1991-93 material Total
Fucking Darkness CD last year was pretty "fun" old school funeral bm,
and the symphonic reworking of "Funeral In Carpathia" (my fave CoF
song!) on Midnight In The Labyrinth was cool. Also the EP with a DVD
and "Transmissions From Hell" intro and the raving techno stuff was
fun. They seem on Hammer Of The Witches to have lost their humourous
Dani Filth trademark word play that is usually macabre though so
tongue in cheek. Are they SERIOUS now? About Witches? Nah.. even
though a member of Ship Of Fools was in the band i will in the
meantime polish my Rawhide for another Gilded Cunt (i started with
Nymphetamine CD in 2004 after hearing Gilded Cunt on a radio HM show
while sectioned in the nuthouse).

Some one send hate mail to mr. Filth and ask him to lighten up puhleez---