OFF/HW: Re: Floyd 67-74 etc - a word in Waters' defense

Jonathan Jarrett jjarrett at CORIOLIS.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Wed Feb 4 05:47:23 EST 2015

On Tue, 3 Feb 2015, mary sullivan wrote:
> The falling out was a shame, I'm so thankful for a band like Hawkwind who
> enjoy their toys.

 	When I saw this, I was going to say, "well come on, it's not like
Hawkwind doesn't have its own feuds". But actually, when you think about
it... how many bands have the various people leaving Hawkwind (or even
staying) generated? Because of that, and my fan's curiosity in following
it up, I have stuff I think is great by at least Spiral Realms, Inner City
Unit, two or three of the various Nikwinds, the Fantastic All Stars, Star
Nation, Earthlab, the Anubian Lights, Pressurehed, Farflung (especially
Farflung!), Bob Calvert, Krankschaft, Bedouin, Spaceseed... and I could go
on, especially if I included bands people came to Hawkwind from or bands
I've got into because of people from them working with people out of
Hawkwind or supporting Hawkwind (like Bruise or Litmus). What have the
Floyd fans got? Some dreary solo work and not much more. Hawkwind has been
a nebula generating new space objects! Floyd, eh, not so much... Yours,

Jon

--
   Jonathan Jarrett       "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
Medievalist historian    but stands also delivered by some good author."