OFF: My Payola / Un Blessed Be The Sonic Attack that sucked

Abra Cadabra anacondaconan at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 8 07:44:30 EST 2015

Not satisfied by 4 different NUGGETS boxes / books (USA/UK/LA/SF) i
have, the PEBBLES 1-12 CD box can set me back $99 from BOMP! if i
actually take the chance it won't get slapped another £40 in customs
to Norway. Ouch, and i just got the RUBBLE 1-20 CD box for only £39,99
last dec (still availible and excellent box @
http://www.theraremusicshop.com/various-artists---the-rubble-collection-volumes-1---20-20-x-cd-box-set--booklets-21-p.asp
) . Thats 2 quid per album. Plus it got snuck nicely thru customs
being max £20 per parcel. But i guess i will sneak over to BOMP! like
the music spendthrift i am, one of these nights... (
http://www.bompstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=12139#.VK55WCuG95Y )... too
bad the remaining 13-28 only are on LP i really dont wanna get that
many vinyls hehe. I wanna conquer the compilation scene of the 60s.

On a side/MAIN ON TOPIC note, i just recently downloaded the 2 track
Sonic Attack EP with Brian Blessed, after hearing it on RadioRakel in
the car (the FM station i do my UHORT shows, some 20 year old girl was
having a special on her show!). As much as i love him in the Flash
Gordon movie / soundtrack by Queen as Vultan the Hawkman and in Black
Adder, he sounds like a childish old santa claus on the Hawkwind EP.
Moorcock and Calvert were FAR more menacing. Blessed sounds senile and
lame. Not scary! Just like some goof, Well. So much for Shakespeare!
At least we got Blake...

Christain