Floyd 67-74 Japanese and bootleg collecting

John McIntyre mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU
Fri Jan 30 12:04:28 EST 2015

On 1/30/2015 7:12 AM, Abra Cadabra wrote:
>   The bands i remember at the prog fest were
> Arena and Anekdoten both which i did not enjoy.

Oh, you did not enjoy Anekdoten?

They played a small club in East Lansing opening for Discipline.

I swear, I was the only person present who knew who they were.

The dance floor was empty.

Their tour manager was videotaping the show.  After about two minutes of
their first song, I apologized to him, "I'm going to mess up your camera
angles" and proceeded to put myself as close to the stage as I could
get.  Hey, the guitar player had the same delay line I have and they had
a Mellotron.  It was King Crimson from five feet.

I was able to beg a copy of the video but with the promise that I would
not distribute it, so don't ask.

It was a low budget tour, so they were taping two shows per tape, so I
also got the previous night in Detroit.

I've got a bunch of Arena albums, too.  My, we should trade memories. (-8

John McIntyre
mcintyre at pa.msu.edu