OFF) Daevid Allen latest update

mikey glossner insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 7 12:02:08 EST 2015

Hello-
My own day went to HELL as soon as i rolled out of the bed I made in
here by the computer and now i just saw this, posted by Jim S,
elsewhere...

Latest update....

Hello, I'm Daevid Allen's youngest son and his current carer. It was
suggested to me recently that perhaps I should blog a bit about his
current day to day condition, to keep the fans in the loop. While I
decided against actually starting a blog, I thought maybe an update
here and there wouldn't be remiss of me.

Dad is in quite a lot of pain at the moment, most of it sourcing from
an open wound on his neck that will not close over because of a
suspected cancerous origin. While this is fairly easy for me to attend
to, it makes it difficult for him to move his head/left shoulder- and
has become an almost constant source of pain. To help manage this we
have been using special opiate patches on top of his regular intake of
painkillers. The most significant downside to this is a loss of
cognitive awareness- making him very hazy about his surroundings and
situation.

In an effort to bring back a modicum of his usual bright-eyed wit, our
nurse was helping me experiment with the opiates' dosage over the last
couple of days. Sadly, as it often does with cases like this, it comes
down to either having a high dosage with no pain and a comfortable,
drifting awareness or a few hours a day of mental acuity with intense
discomfort and pain.

Obviously we are going with the former option with his happiness and
comfort being my top priority.
He still has a flow of close friends and family dropping by to spend
time with him, and even when he's a bit out of it he still enjoys the
company and pleasant conversation.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the energy to parse the masses of well
wishes you all have been sending him, but he's aware and grateful of
all the support and every now and then I'll play a little something
one of you has done in the background.

For the most part he's relaxed and happy and slowly winding down in
the warm comfort of his favourite chair.