Sad news: Terry Pratchett, author of the Discworld series, dies aged 66

Tim Hall tim at KALYR.COM
Thu Mar 12 18:25:25 EDT 2015

On 12/03/2015 16:20, Paul Mather wrote:
> I just read this sad news on the Grauniad.  I knew he'd been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, but the news of his death came as unexpected to me.:-(

 From Wikipedia, a note on his Arms:

Notes
    Terry Pratchett's arms were granted by Letters Patent of Garter and
    Clarenceux King of Arms dated 28 April 2010.
Crest
    Upon a Helm with a Wreath Argent and Sable On Water Barry wavy Sable
    Argent and Sable an Owl affronty wings displayed and inverted Or
    supporting thereby two closed Books erect Gules.
Escutcheon
    Sable an ankh between four Roundels in saltire each issuing Argent.
Motto
    Noli Timere Messorem (Don't fear the reaper)^[172]
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pratchett#cite_note-The_College_of_Arms_September_2010-172>

--
Tim Hall
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog